Monday, July 20, 2015

A little end-of-weekend session...
Yesterday afternoon I decided to give Stumpy Lake a try. Since it was so blazingly hot, I decided to fish on the shaded side--good thing I did. Just sitting in my chair, waiting for a bite, I was soaking wet with sweat and had to wipe my bald pate every two minutes or so. I fished two rods on the float, but the water was only a foot or so deep, so I didn't have very high hopes. My low expectations were met fully, with nary a nibble in two hours! I decided to make for carp cove in my neighborhood. It didn't take long before I had a take and it was game on! I played this fish for about two minutes before my six-pound-test mono parted ways! Disappointed, but undaunted. Another hour-and-a-half's fishing netted only a half-dozen turtles, ending with about a ten-pound snapper! At least I got to wet a line for a few hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment